View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 03:42 PM   #290
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
I'm not happy with the last version I posted, but have been having a hard time revising it.

I'm trying to do too much in one document, mixing up things like tips for new users, methods for accomplishing something, examples of how I do whatever, a sort of imagined ideal workflow, what I logically think my workflow is, and the actual workflows I use in varying circumstances. Complicating matters with workflow, I've been rapidly changing mine the past two months. There are a lot more variables to deal with than I first thought. Calibre is flexible. A map or blueprint of calibre workflow isn't as flexible as actually doing things in calibre. The map is never the same as the territory, the picture is never what was captured in the image. The story of what happened is never what actually happened, per eyewitness accounts all varying. The explanation is never the real thing.

So I'm giving it a rest to let it all percolate unconsciously. Maybe that will bear fruit. Meanwhile, I'm reading some books.