View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 02:06 PM   #12
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
I loved the first two-thirds of Pet Sematary, I thought it was going to turn into a favourite ... but then the last part turned into the sort of schlock horror that I don't much like. I ended up giving it a 3/5.

Which reminds me, I will add that I ended up giving 11.22.63 a 4/5 despite the fact that the last few pages felt like a cop-out. Everything up to that point felt like the King I knew and enjoyed from many years earlier.

I have slowly become better at dropping books I'm not enjoying, I used to be quite obsessive about finishing. And I think you're right, e-books have helped. There are just so many books so easily available that I don't have to worry about what I'm going to read next. I don't pay a premium for anyone except true favourites, everyone else can wait until the price comes down because I have more than enough to keep me busy. Thanks for the karma.
I've been putting off reading 11.22.63, and for the moment my schedule doesn't permit it, so I'm postponing it still further. On verra ce qu'on verra.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote