View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 03:20 PM   #3
eponymous
Enthusiast
eponymous has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austeneponymous has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austeneponymous has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austeneponymous has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austeneponymous has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austeneponymous has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austeneponymous has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austeneponymous has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austeneponymous has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austeneponymous has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austeneponymous has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Sony CLIE PEG-SJ33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffcarp
I had originally setup Plucker Desktop then found JPluck. Since I have found Plucker Desktop to be slow, I wanted to try JPluck and see if it was faster.

When I install JPluck at the very end it tells me there was an error installing a sync dll and to uninstall any other Plucker sync software first (presumably Plucker Desktop).

However, if I uninstall Plucker Desktop, won't I lose all my current site entries and settings?

How can I either import those into JPluck or at least retain them in Plucker Desktop so that I can try JPluck?

Thanks!
My understanding is that there is no conflict between Plucker Desktop and JPluck, it is the HotSync conduit that's the problem. JPluck either can't or won't use the HotSync conduit installed when you installed Plucker Desktop. Plucker Desktop can't or won't use the JPluck conduit. Both conduits want to use the creator ID "Plkr" and HotSync can't allow duplicated creator IDs. That being said the JPluck HotSync conduit is not necessary, just convenient. You can get JPluck to create the various PDBs and then use the install tool to get them on your handheld. Actually, I believe that if the conduit is not present JPluck may even use the install tool conduit automagically, not sure about that. One advantage to using the JPluck conduit is that you can set it to autoupdate your plucks at HotSync.

As for getting your plucks from Plucker Desktop into JPluck I think you're going to have to do that via cut and paste, I don't know of a conversion script.

I've completely uninstalled Plucker Desktop and just use JPluck now. I wish that JPluck had some of the features that PD has, table support for one, but it is noticably faster and I've gotten used to the way it works.

Good luck!
eponymous is offline   Reply With Quote