View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 11:45 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohataj View Post
OK, calibre-server --with-library=/mnt/3TB/eBooks shows - nothing, there is even no load, is this command indexing my folder?
Well, if you were trying to launch the Content Server, that would totally do it.

But if you were trying to fix the library, following my advice by using the `calibredb restore_database` command, then the best way to start would be to reread my post. And read the manual: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gene...calibredb.html

Quote:
"calibre's Auto-add folder on the server only works if you have the calibre GUI running (headless)"

this is exactly what I want - how do I do this?
First you have to make sure your server has all the X11 libraries installed. Then you additionally make sure you have the X Virtual Framebuffer installed, and then you run calibre inside xvfb.
Sit back. Watch contentedly as your server's RAM and cpu get flushed down the toilet because you didn't follow my advice and use the CLI tools instead.

This is exactly what you DON'T want!!! Running GUI programs headless while piped to a dummy (virtual) screen is a weapon of last resort, for programs which have no sane way of being used in a server environment!
calibre, fortunately, has the backend implementation necessary to be used headless, without the GUI.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote