Thread: Thank You JK!
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 09:19 PM   #24
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I don't know what differences there might be between the US and UK versions of book 7. There were quite a few changes in the first book, including the title (Philosopher's Stone vs. Sorceror's Stone) and terms like post vs. mail, trainers vs. sneakers, jumpers vs. sweaters. As the series went on, the US fans complained about these changes and we saw fewer of them in subsequent books. I've been buying the Canadian versions (because they are printed on recycled paper) for the past several volumes, which I understand have fewer changes than the US versions. I think kids who read in the US these days can handle the vocabulary differences involved. There's little need to "dumb down" the books for them. Just my opinion, of course.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote