View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 01:50 AM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedthehumanoid View Post
I tried searching forum for this but couldn't find any information, but apologizes if i have missed.
I have a new Sony Touch Edition, which I absolutely has starting to love the few days of commuting since I got it.

I have one question though, about an inch from the top and bottom edge the text become "faded away" on each page. It's like it doesn't fill every pixel that needs to be filled.

This might very well be a feature, or some power saving technique, and it's not at all a killer.
I'm just curious to why?, and if I'm the only one experiencing this?
Lots of suppliers now adopt it. It's (usually) a feature.
When seeing it for the first time on my new BeBook my first thought was, the screen would be damaged at the edges.
But actually, they do it intentionally.
The idea is, to show that it's going on.
In my opinion, it's nonsense. Pagecount alone indicates, that it's going on.
Unfortunately, you can't turn it off (yet).
You easily can test it by rotating the screen. The fading remains, though it's the left and right edges then.
1 inch seems a lot. I'd have to check. But my memory is about 1cm, not 1 inch.

Last edited by mgmueller; 09-09-2009 at 01:54 AM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote