View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 11:08 PM   #798
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Mike@Overdrive

I agree with the other posters here... glad some of the features that were removed through the refresh are back, so thank you for listening to us. I do wish you had given us back all the features that we taken away - wish I could see from list view if an audio book is MP3 or WMA - the headphone icon is cute but so much less functional than spelling out the formats. The same goes for Kindle vs ePub formats.

Is there any way we can bring the page load times up to the old speed? The wait between clicking on something and waiting for the new page to load is close to dial-up speed from bqck in the day.
Mike, is anyone looking into improving load times?

Also, in the wishlist, please add a next/previous button at the bottom of the page - that's where you land once you read through the list on a page, not at the top. And why not show users their entire wishlist from the get go? The slow load times make this a poor design choice. This was also requested by others.

As others mentioned, the Android app does not remember some of the library card numbers, or even a specific library in a consortium, while the iPod app does in the case of my libraries.

Also, the apps suffer from the same slow load times (obviously), so please have the apps take patrons back to the last viewed page (my account in my case) when switching back and forth between "bookshelf" and "get books". When I need to check if I already downloaded a book, it's such a pain to constantly be taken back to the home page.

Last edited by xendula; 04-23-2013 at 11:12 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote