View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #17
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirtai View Post
I would love to have eBooks like that. I have some paper books that are made that way (scottish gaelic stories)

I've wanted this for a while, didn't the DTBook profile of ePub allow that?

I'd especially like to see both these things together, bilingual books with read along in either language would be an amazing thing for learning or even just accessing literature in new languages.
Microsoft's LIT format and MSReader allowed for that, too.
It isn't the tech at issue: it is the publishers. They just don't use those features.
With "enhanced" ebooks the issue is that when its been tried it hasn't sold. But audio/ebook bundling just hasn't been tried; the publishers insist on full price for both editions. Even Amazon can only offer up a discount (out of *their* pocket) if you buy the the two editions separately.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote