View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #117
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gridlewak View Post
I'm going off on a slight tangent, but maybe someone could set me straight on a thought here.............

If I didn't buy the device, and I only have the license to use it, then there should be no warranty expiry. The device is still theirs and if something goes wrong, they should fix it regardless of how long I owned it.

Am I off base here?
Yes. It's no different than when a business buys a system. Typically there are maintenance plans sold if you want ongoing support. Until the system is no longer supported, then support simply ends. Nothing is supported forever.

Apple does sell extra support, do they not? Same thing, they spell it out to you up front.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote