View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 10:05 AM   #8
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell View Post
As far as drivers, I don't see that vendors have had trouble keeping up with PalmOS (not that it changes much) or WinMobile.
Yeah, that was my point... PalmOS has been fairly light on changes over time, making it easier to add accessories to it. If the USB access point would settle down and standardize in size and layout, it would be better as a universal access point than it is now... which is not so bad.

I'd love to see more consistency and consolidation, too. I'm just not sure all the hardware vendors can be brought to that thinking, since only a few seem to be able to appreciate the advantages of consolidation. Still, the iPod is teaching a lot of vendors how advantageous consolidation and standardization can be. So anything is possible.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote