View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 08:57 PM   #8
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by djorkboy View Post
I keep getting errors in Calibre when trying to add books to the Kobo.

[snip]

Full text of error message....

database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 69, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 289, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 186, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 567, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 458, in update_device_database_collections
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed
Sorry for the delay. I did not see this until late last night. The driver attempt to update the database with the books on the I'm Reading List or Finished list. If no books are on either list it sets all books to unread. The updates are fairly simple and should not result in the issues you are seeing.

From later responses it looks like you are having other issues with the device. Instead of doing the chkdsk I would be tempted to reformat that drive. That should clear up any file system issues.

However, you will need to make sure that you have a backup of any of the files that you want from the drive (like Desktop Installers). You should probably also deauthorize that device with Adobe Digital Editions if you have used that before formating the device.

NOTE!!! I have not attempted to format the drive on my kobo. You may want to ask Sameer or someone else at Kobo to see if that is okay. Logic tells me it should be okay but logic tells me a lot of things that seem to be downright wrong...

A bug listed at http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/6849 has a similar issue and as far as I know the issue was the device/database not Calibre.

Update this if you find differently...

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote