View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #10
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by esecallum View Post
I am afraid text to jpgs is too much hard work and is for people who have free time.
1. paste text into OpenOffice.org Writer
2. Format Text - set page size, margins, font, ...
3. Print into pdf file
4. load pdf into GSview program, and export it onto series of bitmap files. I suggest that you use some greyscale loseless format (NOT jpeg)

Once you have all programs installed and you know what to do it takes less than 3 minutes of your work per book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esecallum View Post
The forum needs to be tightened up as is too unwieldy and cluttered with too many separate forums making it highly cluttered and looks disorganized.It need to be streamlined and look tidy.
Hold your horses!
How long have you been here?
You have 17 posts under your belt.
I have been here for years and I am happy with the organization of the forum. The organization of the forum has been developed over many years.

I strongly suggest, take your time in learning how to use the forum. I also strongly suggest you learn basic netiquette. Like not posting exactly same question in two different places on the same forum ...

If you look for dirt-cheap solution, try to purchase cheapest second hand notebook. This is how I started with e-books. I salvaged an old notebook from trash. Later on I managed to buy very cheap and hopelessly obsolete Cassiopeia A-11, and later Cassiopeia A-20. They have transreflective grey LCD display and last up to 20 reading hours on a pair of AA batteries
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote