View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 08:28 PM   #10
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabound View Post
...I have to admit that I tend to hesitate to give karma to those with enormous karmas, not because I'm being selfish with the karma, but because I (wrongly) feel "embarrassed" to give my puny karma to those with really large ones. It's a teeny weeny drop in the bucket.
Pfft. "Wrongly" is right! Seabound, it makes no difference to me how many points comes with the karma. It just warms my cockles to have anybody feel inspired to pass some karma my way. It's those little comments that come attached that just...well, it's them that tickle my fancy, and I like my fancy being tickled. Quite often it's the "low point score" karma that tickles it the most, because I get that feeling of "This could be the start of a beautiful friendship". On the flipside, I always try to send karma the way of those self-same people.

For me, inclusiveness is one of the most important tenets of any community. I try to practice what I preach to myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
glad to help.

to see who gave you karma and for which posts, click on "User CP" in the blue menu bar, then scroll down to "Latest Reputation Received". the thread title in the first column is a link taking you directly to the specific post you were meritoriously karma-thwacked for. the last column is where you can read the comment left, if any. those are often the best part.
Precisely! I love those few words. They're like little bursts of sweet candy.

By the way, here is the link to your User CP:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/usercp.php

It's the same for everyone, and I actually use it as my chief bookmark for MobileRead (because it also brings up a list of my subscribed threads that have new posts on them).

Once you're there, have a look down the left side of the page too - there's quite a few more options MobileRead provides too (eg. albums). Impressive, no? That's part of the reason why I love this forum - it's one of the most friendly and user-friendly forums I know of.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote