View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 02:34 AM   #443
ACGAuthor
Enthusiast
ACGAuthor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
Since you're talking about collections on devices, I'll throw in my other 2 cents:

I don't do collections on devices at all, for similar reasons you mentioned. Lately in metadata plugboard I've been appending series, series index, and #genres to author_sort to show in Sony PRS-T2 list. That is really all I need on the device. Why do collections on devices when everything is already organized in calibre? Makes more sense to me to do all the searching in calibre, not on device. Speaking of simplifying, not doing collections at all is simple.
You mean just transfer the books from Calibre when I decide I want to read them? Again, definitely a more basic solution. I've been going back and forth on that with myself. The OCD part of me is convinced that if I don't keep my whole library on my Kindle, then I will of course not have the exact book I want when I want it and when I'm unable to get to my computer. The rational part of me knows this isn't true, but... It is definitely an option I consider from time to time.
ACGAuthor is offline   Reply With Quote