View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #13
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
nj:

The OP already said that s/he won't make edits as they'd have to be made, so, this entire conversation is just a bunch of geeks discussing it, now, for no purpose. S/he wanted to be able to magically edit on the Kindle device. Obviously, a) it cannot be done and b) it presents all sorts of issues if the reader is electing to edit a copyrighted work. {shrug}. Really, we'll all exercising ourselves over nothing.

Hitch
Well, I suppose someone could write ebook reading software (even for mobi devices) that would allow such editing on-the-fly.

But I can't see anyone actually doing it.

What would be good would be a mechanism (in the Kindle software) to report errors easily back to the publisher anonymously.

Amazon could easily do this. Publishers wishing to join could provide Amazon with a 'typos' email address, and any reported typos could be automatically sent to the publisher with the exact location of the error.

I would use it! Reporting typos to publishers is a tedious process. To be able to do it quickly and while reading would be splendid. And then if I ever re-read the book, the publisher will have (I hope) issued an update from the crowd-source proof-reading.

But I don't see that happening either, although it would be almost trivial for Amazon to implement.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote