View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Best Short Stories you've just read

I just read "First, Body" by Melanie Rae Thon in the Scribner Anthology of Contemporary Short Fiction 1999

Wow! Amazing story in a somewhat different style - a bit surreal, a bit stream of consciousness but definitely plotted and excellently written. I was so impressed I went looking and found another of her stories

Letters in the Snow - Melanie Rae Thon in the 2006 O Henry Award Stories! and it was similar in that it was certainly excellent work from an even more personal narration perspective. I will definitely be looking for more from her.

Another story I'm still infatuated with after reading multiple times over the past few months is "The Prophet from Jupiter" by Tony Earley (from the same Scribner's collection)
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote