Thread: Silliness Quiz
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #10340
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iznogood View Post
Since we're on the subject of riddles in verse, I just remembered a good riddle I recently read in a book. The book is written by a master in riddle-making.
Bonus question: what book and who wrote it.

Those of you who have read the book is of course automatically disqualified to participate!

How called the dwellers of Lyn-dun?
Great Homer's tale of Troy,
Or country of the midnight sun -
What doth all men Destroy?

Against it man hath dashed his foot,
This angel bears a spear!
In garden-glade where Lord Christ preyed
What spawns dark stars and fear?

This place the white Diana rose
Of this, Dido bereft;
Where on four leaves good fortune grows
East, west, south - what is Left?

The Corsican was vanquished there,
Oh, mother of all sin!
Find green the same as shiretown's name,
Find Newgate Gaol, and win!

Edit:
I suggest posting solutions in spoiler-tags since the solution might take some of the fun out of reading the book for those that haven't read it
Are there multiple answers or just one answer here?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote