View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 07:06 AM   #4
mwerle
Micha
mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abtacha View Post
But you need to authorize the device with Adobe before you can open any DRM'ed books (pretty much everything from a major publisher). And to do that you need the Sony software (Reader for PC).
So in other words, without access to a Windows PC on which I can install the software to 'register' my new eReader, I'm stuck? Gotta love DRM.

Talk about publishers shooting themselves in the foot - they've, at least temporarily, lost sales from me as I can't actually access their products.

Also not terribly happy that to use an advertised feature of the device requires access to a Windows (or Mac) PC, which was NOT mentioned. I specifically waited for the new WiFi eReader because it was supposed to be able to access online stores -without- needing a PC.

At least there's Project Gutenberg and a couple of non-DRM commercial places which I've found, but they don't exactly have the largest selection of current titles.

Thanks for the info, Abtacha.

- Micha.
mwerle is offline   Reply With Quote