View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 04:50 AM   #1
Bartos88
Bartos88 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Nook Simple Touch or Kindle 4 (NT)

Hi, I'm thinking about getting an ereader, but I'm having some difficulty deciding which. I'm only going to use it for reading ebooks, so audio, note-taking and web browsing capabilities etc. are not important to me. So far I've sort of narrowed it down to 2: Kindle 4, and Nook Simple Touch.

Kindle 4:
- I currently buy all my books from amazon, so getting the kindle would make sense. I like the idea of being able to just book a book from the device, but on the other hand I would need to convert epubs I download from elsewhere before the kindle could read them.
- amazon.com delivers to the netherlands
- The design is a bit boring, and I hear that the thinness and smoothness makes it a little less uncomfortable to hold than the nook (true?)

Nook Simple Touch:
- I really like the design of the Nook Simple Touch, it's gorgious! The wide borders and the rubbery back seem like they make the nook more comfortable to hold in my hand than the smooth flat kindle.
- I live in the Netherlands, so I can't buy this directly from BN. I would need to buy it from ebay (reliable?) or from a dutch ereader import (overpriced)
- Unless I use a roundabout method (fake US adress, vpn software), I won't be able to buy books from B&N, but I can read epubs directly. For amazon books I would need to convert from mobi to epub using Calibre (is it also easy to remove DRM?).
- I like that it has buttons+touch screen, although this is only a minor plus for me because I would only use the touch screen very occasionally to tap on a word to look it up.

Do you guys have any thoughts on this to help push me towards one of these devices?
Bartos88 is offline   Reply With Quote