View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 08:23 AM   #168
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@Nyssa - no, installing the APNX file generator plugin will make no difference. Both Count Pages and the APNX file generator plugin make use of the same piece of code that exists inside calibre itself. It is that piece of code where the "problem" lies. The only way to fix this as I said above is to either change that calibre code, or change Count Pages to not use that code and "do it's own thing" (like it does for ePubs). I have been reluctant to do the latter, because it won't solve the issue for when people actually send books to their Kindle, since the APNX code in calibre will be what is used to give you a page count on the Kindle itself.

The only satisfactory solution to all of this in my opinion is to change the calibre APNX code - I've PM'd user_none about this with my suggestions about what should be done (the idea of getting the value from a custom column if it exists, so users/plugins can populate the page count rather than relying on the existing calibre code which does not cope well for some books). He agreed to take a look into it, once he says something further I will revisit this.
Okay. Thank you.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote