View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 06:36 AM   #144
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
Wow. I read a novel in 3-5 hours, and read at least a couple a week. My reading speed on my liseuse is rapidly approaching what I get off paper, but I seem to be spending more time reading now that I carry the liseuse everywhere when I don't normally carry a book.

I wouldn't be surprised if I end up faster on the liseuse once we get either faster page turns or dual-page devices. Work it out... 2s/page at 500 pages is about 20 minutes per book just waiting for the page to turn.
So like me you read 100-150 books a year. Paying $1 per book and buying 10000 books is much to much compared to how much you will be able to read. Also you can buy second hand science fiction book for around $1 or less often.