View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 10:32 AM   #2
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
To what extent do the authorities in Suadi Arabia control electronic book readers and the electronic books? I would immagine that they would control the electronic books rather than the readers as the readers do not contain any information they simply interpret and display the information. What types of electronic books can you get in Saudi Arabia? I would imagine that the authorities vet the individual books at the individual book stores. I would imagine that books that talk about terrorism would have difficulty getting approved for distribution and books that talk about Islam. Do other international electronic book sellers ship to Saudi Arabia? I would imagine that Barns and Nobels would ship as, I would immage that they don't have as much troubble from authorities (they are simply not as high profile as amazon is). Do some of the smaller electronic book stores sell to Saudi Arabia, such as ebooks.com or kobo books? I would immagine that Kobo would be able to "fly under the radar" since they are simply not as well known as Amazon is.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote