View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 09:02 AM   #175
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
I will whole heartedly agree that the health care system here in the US is a mess (although I definitely would not describe it as third world), but I have serious reservations about changing over to a government controlled healthcare system. I've worked in government agencies and know how convoluted the beaucracy is, so I wouldn't want the same system over seeing my health care. I had serious issues during my pregnancies and had the very best of care thanks to the health insurances I had through both my husband's and my jobs. I was even encouraged to go to a highly specialized clinic in another state to receive additional support. I doubt that would have happened in a state run program. I just don't have any confidence in our beaucratic and red-tape filled government to set up something that will continue to give me the healthcare I am currently receiving. I do want everyone to have healthcare, I just don't want my family to have less than what we have now. That may sound selfish, but it is what it is.

From what I understand, if you want highly specialized care in the UK, you have to pay for it. Is this not true?
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote