View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 01:59 PM   #5
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
My sister has an Iphone and I put the Audible app on it and logged in so she can listen to my books. She's my sister and I trust her implicitly, to the extent that I have some money in her name, but I won't give her any of my passwords because that can breed distrust. The Audible app on the Iphone doesn't allow making purchases.

As for that being dishonest and against Audible's TOS, I called them and asked if that was okay before I did it and I was told it was fine. I value my connection with Amazon. I depend on them and I don't want to do anything to risk it.

At the time that I did this I had hundreds of audiobooks in the account connected to Amazon. Since then i've bought probably a hundred more books with large discounts because I've also bought the Kindle book. I get the audiobook also if it's one I think my sister will enjoy.

Sharing books with family is not dishonest. It's simple decency. Amazon and Audible recognize that to the extent that publishers allow them to.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote