View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 05:58 AM   #9
brigader
Enthusiast
brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brigader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Max,irex 800s
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Faust View Post
I had the Boox Max 1, and bought the Boox Max 3. I like it, because:
1. capacitive touch screen (after couple year only with stylus it is amazing how use of finger more convenient, and scribble mode always ON - leaf page with finger, scribble whith stylus)
2. Androids version (9.0 vs 4.0.4)
3. Launcher (more usable)
4. Rotation without 3rd party apps (it is really important to me)
5. More faster work with pdf's (open, scribble, leaf through page) and in general more faster.
6. More ways to optimize 3rd party apps.
7. Navigation Ball (i did similar on Max 1 with root and 3rd party apps)
What i don't like:
1. Color (black more convenient)
2. White styluses tips get dirty pretty soon.
In my opinion it is worth bought Max 3 for replacement Max 1 (maybe only wait for black version).
Really matters improvement would be only front light (realistically speaking).
For stylus you can bought cover - loop fitting close enough.

Thank you for your comments. Did you try the Kindle app, on the max boox 1 it is a bit slow to load and page-turning, is slow too.

For now I have decided to wait.. I will continue to use my MAX BOOX 1 for the PDF, and in the meantime I brought a kindle to read novels on.

I actually found out I like the front lighting on the kindle. So makes me think about that a lot for MAX BOOX 4, or maybe i will try the 10 inch.

Really got me thinking.....

Lets see what happens this year...

It would be nice if they did introduce colour, even in faded ebook format ;-)
And I now quite like the idea of front lighting. (But not so important)
Most important for me though is PDF for the manuals I have to read, and currently the MAXBOOX 1 still works for me.

I would like a styles that FITS IN THE BODY! I have taken to purchasing a stylus clip, as my pen has broken the handle that fits on the holder...
Why can't they make it like the samsung note series. Or a pen with a loop on with a bit of string. lol

Lets see what they come up with in September.

Thanks

Paul
brigader is offline   Reply With Quote