View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 02:33 PM   #8
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 9.7, iPad 10.5, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
It must be something I'm doing since so many people use it and don't apparently have that problem. Any help would be most appreciated.
This one's a common issue ever since Marvin 3 was released. If you look at the app reviews on iTunes, it's mentioned there.

Marvin's been abandoned for a long time though, so either the user has learned to live with it, has developed a workaround (as @MartyTX has) or has switched to something else by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirsier View Post
I'm in the same boat - nothing comes close to Marvin for my needs.

Easy to manage, easy to backup, loads of options, no monthly subscription.... but yeah we'll have to move on once it hits an iOS that it won't work under
Yep. I've purchased a number of apps including KyBook (1-3), MapleRead, Hyphen, etc. but I keep going back to Marvin. For me, it strikes a good balance between customizability and simplicity.

Thankfully, it's still supported on iOS/iPadOS 13. I've found text selection (in Settings, not in books) to be occasionally wonky on "unsupported" resolutions (e.g. iPad 10.2"). Apart from that, Marvin's been working the same as it always has (bugs and all).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote