View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 12:45 PM   #79
pazos
cosiņeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Thanks.

I don't use windows and do use linux. I have no adobe id and have never run ADE. I did not know it was possible to use ADE without adobe id/account.
You're welcome!

The guide in the wiki works fine in ubuntu 18.04: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/ADE_2.0.1_Linux

The step which is not in the guide is to install Python2.7 and Pycrypto. That is needed for the calibre plugin to find the relevant key.

Another thing I usually do is to create a .desktop entry for the program that handles the .ascm mimetype. For that I download an icon and store it on /usr/share/pixmaps/ade.png and create the new file in /usr/share/applications/ade.desktop with contents:

Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Name=Adobe Digital Editions
Exec=ade %f
Icon=ade
Terminal=false
Type=Application
StartupNotify=true
Categories=Office;Viewer;
MimeType=application/vnd.adobe.adept+xml
As you can notice "ade" is just a wrapper for the entire program invokation under wine, which in my case is:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
WINEPREFIX=~/.win32 wine ~/.win32/drive_c/Program\ Files/ADE/DigitalEditions.exe
but needs to match the path where you installed wine and the program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You are allowed to link to Apprentice Alf.

https://apprenticealf.wordpress.com/
Thanks JSWolf, Good link
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote