View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 07:17 PM   #7
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I cannot make this fail on either Android 5.1 or 4.3. I tried going to "Latest" and long-pressing a book. The indicator spun, the download happened, and the indicator cleared. What are you doing that is different?

It is probably worth sending a debug log to me at cc_debug_logs at charles dot haleys dot org
Ahhh, this complicates things. In unicode those are considered to be proper letters, not accented letters. In other words, you are asking that the string be converted to ascii, not that the accents be removed.

I can do that for those two characters, but that won't cause (for example) Cyrillic characters to be changed to Latin characters. I suspect that down this path lies perdition.

To ask again, why is removing these accents important?
This is the log file
https://app.box.com/s/dn6ga17m2jrhmye02nicq09eleo5azi1

Regarding the accent issue, it started with how Calibre converted the characters. I like to keep things - filename - consistent in all cases: manual copy, fetching file using CC or other app so as to sync reading positions among devices
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote