View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 03:32 PM   #1
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Screenshot Capability?

I continue to be amazed at how few E-Ink based ebook readers include a screenshot (make a copy of the screen bitmap) utility. So far only the iLiad (screenshot utility provided by users of the device) and the Kindle (one of several undocumented features) provide one. It is no accident that these are precisely the devices I own.

In the IRC channel logs I saw some indications of a screenshot program for OpenInkPot. Does one exist? It isn't documented in the user's manual.

One of the most important uses of the screenshot is to document the user interface. This is particularly significant for everyone, like me, without the right hardware to run OpenInkPot. It takes some time to make the screenshots, but it is easier than describing everything in words and can be a great advertisement for the software.

I will be buying an EZ Reader as soon as it is available, because I prefer a US-based repair service, with the intent to run OpenInkPot on it. If a screenshot utility is available by then I'll be happy to contribute to a screenshot based howto for OpenInkPot.