View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 06:37 PM   #14
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
I bought a Kepler Pro late last year. Like your devices, mine was supposed to receive a 4.4 update. Booxtor did send me two beta versions of the 4.4 firmware for the Kepler Pro: one late last year, and the second in February or March of this year. The first was largely unusable, as WiFi did not work. The second was much better, but needed work in several areas. For example, turning a page or changing a screen resulted in ghosting and artifacts from the previous page. Refresh did not work well. I have had no further betas.

I suspect that work on the Kepler Pro upgrade has been abandoned, or at least put on hold.

Booxtor has said that the firmware downloads page will be restored soon.

I went ahead and bought a Note a few months ago. I like it a lot - but yes, I know, I am taking the chance that there will be no updates after a year or so! However, in the case of the Note or the Max 2, Onyx can't blame the hardware for a lack of an update.

We shall see.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote