View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #1235
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by snahfu View Post
sorry but you've probably answered this..

which e-reader is the fastest in zooming in/out and moving side to side/ up and down.

my professors gives us a lot of pdfs/scans of books to read and on many of them, the text is too small to read on my kindle 4. the whole process of zooming in was quite frustrating and on top of that, it zoomed in way too much.

do you have any suggestion that doesnt require me to buy a larger e-reader (ie dx)
Sorry, but my recommendation actually really would be a bigger reader.
My personal favorites for PDFs always had been iRex 800 and iRex 1000.
a.) The bigger display is close enough to the "original" format, typically in PDFs that's DIN A4 or letter size.
b.) iRex did have a very helpful zooming function. Marking the area of interest with your stylus and then zooming to full screen.
Same could be done on BeBook Neo for example.
But I didn't find it workable for my kind of documents on the 6" display.

It all depends on the content of course.
In my case, it mainly was legal documents, Service Level Agreements and such.
Plus formulas and diagrams.
For the latter, the original layout had been key.
And trying to read a DIN A4 document on a 6" reader (= ca. half the real size, similar to Steve Jobs' 7" vs iPad's 10" comparison) simply never did it for me.

iRex did cease business, but you still can find pre-owned units on eBay.

The PocketBook series (60x, 90x, ...) has similar features, but I didn't go for them.
When they became a "big player", I already had moved to tablets for those demands.
Reading PDFs on iPad or Android 10" devices = fast, easy on the eyes and highly flexible...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote