Thread: Why ePub 3?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 10:15 PM   #10
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
As I was reading your post I was thinking of asking you what the advantages of epub3 were for the vast majority of us until I got to -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
...My epub library is quickly becoming entirely epub3. The fact that none of them contain any "epub3 specific features" (whatever the heck that even means) is entirely irrelevant...
At which point I fell off my chair laughing and choking on my coffee as your own words then make the case for the reasoning behind the original poster's question; a question you seem to have dismissed as not worth asking.
As an aside, using a .doc versus .docx comparison with epub2 vs epub3 is not a good one. While for your usage the advantages of .docx seem to be not apparent, for other than casual users of .docx the advantages are very much apparent and very useful.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote