View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 11:23 AM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Newer models hibernate. That's practically the same. I charge a hibernating Oasis only once every 4-5 months. Or possibly even 6, haven't kept an exact record.

I have a Kobo Libra and I love it, but I still use and love my Kindle Oasis too. I don't really have a preference toward either brand and I guess I'm an exception in that, as most users here seem to prefer one or the other. If I could only have one of them, I would be happy with either one.
But the PW3 is not a newer model. There are more older models out there then newer models. Why can't Amazon allow the Kindle to be shut off? It makes no sense at all.

I really liked the way Sony did it. If you have not turned on your Sony Reader in two days, it shut off. That's a good length of time to wait before shutting off.

And another thing I don't like about Kindle's is the sleep timer at only 10 minutes. That for me can be too short.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote