View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 09:49 AM   #465
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
We have the same router. My drive is powered through a power supply plugged into the wall. It's a Western Digital My Book 3TB. So maybe the brand of drive is to blame. I've put it back on my Vista Desktop. I've not had trouble with Readyshare till now. So happy that the drive is fixed now. That was the only error CHKDSK found. Everything else checked out okay.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Mine is just a cheap Seagate 4TB - I'd expect WD to be better. Since the drive never gets "ejected", I've always wondered how the router manages it to avoid errors - I could never find any documentation on that. Especially since mine gets written to every day, and rudely shut down every night when I turn off the power bar it and the router are plugged into.

I got the Best Buy BF deal on a Nighthawk AC2400 for $80 but haven't gotten around to setting it up yet - I'll be interested to see how well it works with the USB drive.
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote