View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 11:48 AM   #37
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
When I buy a book from Amazon, I assume it's legitimate. How else can you reasonably be expected to deal with a merchant? It would be different if you were perusing ebooks at pirates.r.us.com. But Amazon is huge, and generally assumed to be a legitimate retailer. Customers should not be expected to have to dig in a research every product to validate it prior to purchase. If Amazon is selling illegal stuff, I say that is an Amazon problem, not a customer problem. Customers - in general - just do not have the knowledge, tools, or experience to ferret out illegal stuff offered for sale from a reputable retailer. You might be able to spot some super obvious fraud, but I doubt many ebooks fall into that small category. I have bought several ebooks from Amazon that look like they were proofread by a 3 year old, but that doesn't make me think they are not legit, ... just poorly done.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote