View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 07:04 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanx View Post
well tbh i was just making up theoretical numbers to illustrate a point, but using your numbers i took out a ruler and the ipod is

cuz stating resolution is fine, but thats just the amount of pixels stacked up, but if you add the dimensions then you'd see how tightly packed the pixels are or how small each individual pixels are.

7.5mmx5mm and the jetbook is 10.5mm x 8mm so that'd be a ratio or dpi or something like 64 to 60 respectively. So yea the ipod does have more tightly packed pixels and i'm just guessing that the render or cpu or software or whatever in the ipod touch can scale anything perfectly b/c when i zoom in from 100 to 200 there's like no difference in quality, but i notice the jaggies if i try to do that with the jetbook.
I am not exactly sure what you are measuring. The easiest is to measure the full screen width and divide by the total dots to get the resolution. For an E-INK 6" device (800x600) the answer is 167 ppi. I suspect yours is a bit higher than 60, that would be awfully low.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote