Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 07:16 AM   #150
Shai-Hulud
Silicon Book Worm
Shai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
I'm very sorry to have give you the wrong idea.
Actually I wasn't casting aspersions at your good self, just speaking "out loud" in the forum Perhaps my enthusiasm for a return to normal battery life prevented me from expressing myself clearly?

Quote:
So they've acknowledged there is a problem, and and what I meant with "they're looking into it" was merely that they are trying to reproduce, and thinking of possible causes to try out.
Obviously they are of the same opinion that the issue lies in software (possibly coupled with specific user settings) rather than hardware. Which is hopeful. It would still be nice to know this from their lips as it were so I don't unnecessarily return what would otherwise be considered a perfectly functioning machine.

Quote:
I doubt they're working on my problem specifically, as it's really a problem in sleep mode.
A sleep mode problem may also cover the original problem I had regarding not slipping from sleep into power-off and chewing through the battery when that happened. Mind you, I can't see how this would explain the disparity in overall battery longevity between the old & new devices. Hmmm.

Quote:
I do trust Kobo will solve the problem eventually and somehow. Either by finding the culprit and fixing it, or by changing hardware... Sorry I gave your trust a hit.
You personally never "gave my trust a hit". We're fortunate that these devices are flashable and hence software problems are easily resolved. What would be nice is if Kobo capitalised upon this aspect by being more forthright about what is happening and what steps are being taken. Managing user expectations effectively goes a long way to keeping customers happy in the long run.
Shai-Hulud is offline   Reply With Quote