View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 05:36 AM   #2
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkim View Post
I was wondering if anyone can confirm what I know by either seconding my choice on the hanlin v3, or point me to another source.
The Far East seems to have a far greater variety of e-book readers than the West, but yes, I think that the Hanlin V3 is probably your best bet overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkim View Post
Are Hanlin's products reliable? What if I need service? Will it work ok with Mac OS X? Also, where can I get one? I tried looking on the site but I guess you cant order straight from them.
The hardware seems to be robust so far. I occasionally get hangs and crashes when reading books, making it advisable to have a paper clip on hand to reset the device when needed, but other than that, I haven't seen anything indicating reliability issues. It should work with MacOS X just fine, as it presents itself simply as a USB mass storage device.

As to service and where to buy one - where do you live? There are several retailers in the EU, e.g. apolloxxi.com or iscriptum.eu. I'm not aware of retailers in the US or Canada, though. So if you live outside the EU, your best bet may very well be ordering directly from them, even though that is a rather complex procedure involving an international bank transfer to China, among other things.
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote