View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 05:04 PM   #82
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom SKP View Post
…First it would be nice if the 'Show Details' could be turned on by default in the customization.
Second, I give you an example of the following book where no links were found, but it IS shown on the Overdrive.com web site (pic attached) as available at a (some) Library. High Hunt by David Eddings
[I thought I remembered that your algorithm went to Overdrive.com first, but the log doesn't show that...???]…
I will look in to adding a configuration setting to make the details always show after a search. That would be useful for me also.

With the latest version of the plugin I changed the algorithm to check the individual library sites for books instead of using search.overdrive.com. I found that the previous method sometimes missed books available at libraries. Also, the new search algorithm is faster.

The search for recommendable books uses the Overdrive advanced search option for additional titles to recommend at the individual libraries. This appears to return the most accurate information on books actually available for acquisition by libraries through Overdrive at the time the search is done. Over time, books have been withdrawn from being available for new purchases by libraries and I believe that the book you mention is one of those.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote