View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 02:16 PM   #16
J_K
Enthusiast
J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: H2O 2, Aura 2, Clara HD, Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Are you sure of this? I'm sure the discussion when it came out was that it had an IR screen. The reviews I can find state IR touch (eg). And it has a raised bezel. That suggests IR rather than capacitive.
Yes. Both Edition 2s (Aura and H2O) use capacitive screens. I can confirm that they do not react like the Touch's IR screen. The bezels are very shallow on the Edition 2s.

http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...disappointing/ says "I think the reason for this is the fact the new H2O uses a capacitive screen instead of infrared like the original H2O and Kobo’s other earlier models. Somehow the glass layer on the Aura One isn’t as affected by it, since it has a capacitive screen as well. I had assumed the new H2O would use an infrared touchscreen since it has an indented screen like the original model, but it’s only indented like 1 mm and there’s no sign of any infrared sensors."
J_K is offline   Reply With Quote