View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Issues with Mobi (unable to read) and an issue with page numbering

I'm having trouble with a few of my books and no idea why. They are non DRMd Mobi. I can open both books, and page through the first few pages, but neither will get to the first chapter. Each just throws me back to the Contents on my reader to choose another book. The files aren't that bit (622 kb and 876 kb). Both open fine on my computer and I can page through them/see everything.

I also noticed as I was reading a book last night...it said 576 pages and kept me updated as to what page I was on. But then it felt like there was an awful lot "open" as I got close to that 576th page. And when I reached the 576th page there was another, and then another and then another (each numbered one higher, so 577, 578, 579, etc.) until I finished the book. Now this isn't a deal breaker, but apparently I am a reader that is just as cognizant of how much is left as what I'm actually reading. This messed me up a bit (expectations and all).

Are these "known" issues? Can they be fixed with firmware updates? I do like my new reader but am a little bummed at all the trouble I'm having to go through to use it, and even then I'm still experiencing issues.
French is offline   Reply With Quote