Thread: a few bugs
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 08:38 AM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
1. The xml extension is not valid in Sigil for anything other than plain xml and should not be used for html or xhtml or svg. That said, Sigil should never crash. I will look into fixing this.

2. This is a bug in Qt syncing ini/settings files across multiple instances of the app open. It is Windows specific. I can not reproduce this on Mac OSX.

3. Sorry, again this may be caused by the same Qt ini syncing bug. I have never seen this on OSX version of Sigil and so the only way to track this down is with concrete set of steps to recreate it.

Newer version of Qt involved which fixed older bugs but introduced new ones. Going to older versions of Qt will not help. We may try to move to Qt 5.9.1 (the latest) for the next release in case that helps.

And no the old table based metadata editor will never come back. Simply highlight and hit the delete key, the new one works exactly the same way.

Last edited by KevinH; 08-08-2017 at 09:34 AM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote