View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 04:43 AM   #35588
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I remember something about the nitrogen and bends, but hadn't thought that this same thing would happen with on land elevations or even when flying. Is that something that has to be learned before you are awarded your certificate for diving..
Yep! You learn all about this in the first lessons! The basic 'Open Water' cert lessons can be completed in as little as 4 days. Most of what you learn deals with safety, plus how to use the equipment. You already know how to breath... You learn to use a very simple chart to figure out your safe nitrogen loading time allowance . It's easy enough for even me to deal with , and I'm math challenged. These days I use a wrist computer to give me even more accuracy. This tells you how long you can remain down at specific depth, and how long you have to stay at sea level to off-gas. But if you go 'higher' than sea level, and the air pressure is reduced, the dissolved nitrogen remaining in the blood can begin to form bubbles, and that is not a good thing! So... After diving, the rule is, no flying for 24 hours, and no driving over the Alpes or Rockies!

And I have three more hours before my flight. I am getting pretty bored. I have re-read one Reacher book and one Spenser novel, watched so many beautiful teenaged Guamanians, drank waaay too many cups of tea, juice, slushies, and eaten more Chamorro food than is good for me. Where is the damn plane!!!!

Sent from my iPhone with Tapatalk2
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote