View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #237
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
You have to pay a lot more for a high-quality professional fonts, but that hasn't changed. You had to pay for specific fonts before.
What has changed is that you do need to buy discs anymore. There is high number of sites available today where you can download all those nice fonts (that were distributed on cheap disks before). I am not talking about piracy.
Those cheap disks I am talking about came with professional fonts by Linotype, Adobe, Monotype...etc. They use to put out these font collection disks that had license you could use them commercially in logos, flyers, web design....etc It was years ago though. It was the days when clip art was also on discs. When Windows ME was the next greatest thing suppose to come out.

There are some nice Google Fonts but alot of them need work. Missing characters sets, missing families.... So if you going to use them on a Kindle look at the Character map first so you don't end with alot of boxes.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote