View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 12:56 AM   #14351
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Jim Butcher and Diane Duane

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

Now onward to read The Dresden Files #8, Proven Guilty!
Quote:
Thanks to you all! I've just added The Window at the White Cat, Topper and Deep Wizardry to my TBR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I strongly recommend reading So You Want to be a Wizard before Deep Wizardry.

Both are available from Diane Duane's website if you're outside the USA. She ocassionally has discounted sales, so it might be worth signing up to her newsletter and waiting.
Quote:
Will do, thanks! Does she DRM the books * from her website?

* [never mind, I found out on the site that they aren't DRMed]
Ok! I finished re-reading Proven Guilty earlier today. It was really really a great experience! (brought tears to my eyes multiple times!)

Now, I'm going to give Diane Duane a try with the first in her Young Wizards series, So You Want to Be a Wizard, New Millennium Edition. Part of the reason I want to try it is I'm thinking of it for my Grandson (12 years old) for Christmas! He's already read all of Harry Potter so it seems like it might be a good fit for him.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SYW_NME_300x450.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	93889

Last edited by alansplace; 10-11-2012 at 01:40 AM. Reason: oops!
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote