View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
Sassyinkpen
Sassyinkpen began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, iPod Touch
ANY method to delete or mark files on Nook Color?

I ADORE my Nook Color and it's ideal for me in nearly every way....except that I can't mark, move or delete files directly from it and that makes managing them a pain in the ass. I'm referring to things I put on under the "My Files" area, not the ebooks.

What I mainly use it for:

Reading content downloaded from the internet, either in html-only files (mostly), or epub files. These are generally things like blog posts, etc.

What I'd like to be able to do:

When I'm finished reading a particular file, I'd like to be able to either delete it, move it to another place, or mark it as read. (or some other idea that will allow me to tell which ones are read and which ones are unread).

Has anyone found any kind of solution for this? I LOVE the fact that I can load content sorted into folders and keep each catefory of files separate, but I have a hell of a time looking at the lists and figuring out which ones I've read and which ones I haven't yet. (I usually have several hundred in various folders).

I'm looking for ANY potential solution - whether it's a organizational trick someone has come up with, or an app or new reader software that will allow me to do something like this.

I'll even consider rooting it and trying some of those things, but I've been looking at the threads and don't understand the language well enough to determine if it'll get me what I want. (Is there a real beginners thread for that? I don't know what CM7 and MIUI are.....help?). I DO have the capacity to figure it out if I need to, I just need some direction to understand what they are referring to in the instructional threads.

EDIT: I have updated to version 1.4.1

Thanks.
Sassyinkpen is offline   Reply With Quote