View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 11:11 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnsda View Post
I have installed many apps... 2 of which are Quick Mute Volume control and Watchdog. From time to tome, I kept accessing a "hidden" menu, I had no idea how I was doing this till tonight. I just kept touching everything trying to figure out what sequence activated it.

From the home screen, in the upper far left corner is the name of my Kindle, along with a grey circle and the number 2. When you touch this spot, a the home screen goes away and a quick access panel to these 2 programs glides down. This is very handy , especially for the quick mute app. 2 touches and all volumes go to zero.

My question.. How did I get these 2 apps installed in this "hidden menu".
Is there a name for this feature? How can I get more apps installed on this menu?
How can I remove them?

On the top of the menu in grey letters is the word "ONGOING" followed by
a golden #2. I assume this refers to the 2 apps that are running.

Up to now, the only way I knew of accessing the apps was to move them to my favorites section, and double tap them to execute them.

Thanks for info on this menu..
That is call your Notifications Bar. All Android devices have them. It's where alerts, notifications and messages go. On my phone I have it to display the weather temp. You just swipe it down with your finger, at any time to access it or hit the top bar once. To get rid of of it hit the top bar again or back button. On my phone I can swipe it back up but I can't doesn't seem to do that on the Fire..

To answer your question about ongoing. It's developers who add the app to display on the Notification Bar. Screen Filter and WiFi Switch use this feature as well.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-30-2011 at 11:21 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote