Thread: Oasis 3 OFD
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 05:39 PM   #38
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
The bracelet, for lack of the official term for what its called, grounds you to the chassis. It fits around one wrist and uses an alligator clip on a length of wire to connect to the chassis thereby establishing a ground. So that does what you've been doing, which is what we should be doing. It works like a lightning rod to divert any static charge from you to the chassis, and since the chassis should be grounded, the charge is discharged into the ground.

ETA: Looked them up on Amazon and they are called Anti Static Wrist Strap Bands, among other names.
I actually have one, acquired last year in a kit I bought. I still don't use it
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote