View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 07:55 AM   #2691
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
But now, with the first (and one assumes the rest, shortly) of the Smuggler's Tales, the narrator is Emily Woo Zeller, and I am not enjoying her narration. Instead of allowing the narrative to flow, every. single. sentence. has. to. be. separate. and. distinct.
In a different thread, I commented on an issue I have specifically with women narrators and this is another one. I truly hate to make a gender-related blanket condemnation, but I've only run across this with women, as well as a sing-song intonation as if they're reading to a dull child. Obviously this isn't all women narrators or most women narrators, but at least in my experience it's only women narrators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
In my long-term quest to read (or listen to) all of P.G. Wodehouse in more-or-less order, I've started the first Jeeves novel, Thank You, Jeeves, read by Jonathan Cecil.
Several pages from chapter five were skipped! Presumably an issue when transferred to digital. This is an OverDrive borrow, so perhaps the Audible book has been corrected as I didn't see any complaints in the reviews. Fortunately, I also have the ebook so I was able to access the missing pages and not just have to wonder what (important, in fact) information was left out.

You get what you pay for.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote