View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 05:32 AM   #53
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIPG-reader View Post
After following some vital hints from Jackie_w (), I have found that the possible problems are not so big.

A summary of my experience after expending a lot of hours trying to have it more or less working:
  • Do not think at all about the programming wording . I do not understand it, but at the end, it is not needed. . You only have to modify txt files changing numbers or strings.
  • Changing the patch yaml files is basically the same that with previous patching system. Do it with care, comparing with previous patches to be sure you do not make any mistake.
  • Be careful with the number of blank spaces used each line of kobopatch.yaml (this has been a big source of problems for me, as you do not easily see them).
  • If the use of overriding part in kobopatch.yaml is confusing for you, use the old-style yes-no toggling in each patch (up to you, both ways work).
  • If you use windows and want to introduce a translation of the GUI (e.g. I have corrected several mistakes in the Spanish one), you have to include the lrelease.exe program path in windows style, not linux style. For the "additional files" section, it seems that the location of the file is OK if described in linux style.
  • And last, do not use winrar to check the patched files you have created inside the koboroot.tgz file!. Use 7-zip instead.

At the end, If you forget about all programming wording stuff, it is not so difficult . For sure, to feel comfortable, you can try to test the process anytime you need before installing it in the ereader.

Thank you!
As soon as there is a new firmware without Wifi issues I'll jump over to the cool side 💪🏼
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote